COPENHAGEN- DAY 1

After a total of 16 hours flight and 2 hours transit in Doha, Qatar, I arrived in Copenhagen in the afternoon finally.
The first thing I did after claiming my baggage was to go for money exchange. I did some research on the rate and the bank online before the trip, so I went to Nordea to exchange some Danish Krone (dkk).
It is usual for danish banks or money exchange place to have service charge. The amount may vary. Nordea charges 35 dkk for each transaction which is fair enough to me. There are a few banks in the baggage claim area for money exchange. This time I sold Euro to exchange cuz the rate is slightly better than selling in HK$.

Just next to Nordea, there is a ticket machine of metro. It is not difficult to use because you can choose the language from Danish to English but it only accepts coins or credit card only. If the queue is too long, there are some ticket machine at the station which is in terminal 3 of the airport.

It is fast and convenient to take metro from the airport to the city centre and it takes only around 20 minutes to Kongens Nytorv which is the location of the hostel and it is in a reasonable price of 36 dkk (approximately 51 hkd).

As I was travelling alone this time and I am a budget traveller (actually I just want to save up for accommodation and do some shopping instead :p).  I stayed in Generator Hostel Copenhagen which is near to the metro station Kongens Nytorv, surrounded by a centralised shopping area in Copenhagen and the longest pedestrian shopping area in Europe- Strøget (wow!).  I found the hostel from tripadvisor and it has a pretty good ranking on the list. The most important thing is that I can stay in a female dorm which is safer if you are a solo traveller.

When I got off from the metro station, it was a bit rainy and I lost my direction and went to another way from the hostel. But I accidentally passed by some nice shops, like Wood Wood and Kartell. About 15 minutes later, I finally found my way to the hostel and actually it is quite straight forward to get there from the metro station. I must be too exhausted to misread the map.

Generator Hostel Copenhagen@COPENHAGEN, DENMARK 2012
justanordinarydesigner © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

FEMALE-ONLY DORM DRESSING TABLE@COPENHAGEN, DENMARK 2012
justanordinarydesigner © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


I went out to have a look of the shopping area nearby but the shops close around at 6. So I just bought some food and water and went back to the hostel to have a good rest.

The first day is done.

Popular Posts