it's Croquis

What will you come up in your mind if you are asked to point out one menswear brand / label in mainland China? A few years ago when I had market visit in a department store in Shanghai, I had came across a brand called 速写 (in Chinese). Because of the brand name is in Chinese, it is not so often to see in the market. After I checked out some of the styles in the shop and they were not bad at all. Every style has its uniqueness in terms of color, silhouette, mixing of fabrication. And all of those made me memorize this brand for long til I had visited the shop again in Beijing. This Time I got their newsletter.


NEWSLETTER BY CROQUIS

NEWSLETTER BY CROQUIS


I finally found out the brand, called CROQUIS, direct translation from the chinese term 速写 in french. Though it is a menswear brand but I think it is more like a Unisex brand as there were many wearable pieces for lady in the shop. It was set up in 2005 by JNBY (江南布衣服饰有限公司) in Hangzhou


SS 2011 COLLECTION BY CROQUIS

SS 2011 COLLECTION BY CROQUIS

SS 2011 COLLECTION BY CROQUIS
I love the color palette in all of the collections and they are very consistent in every season. In SS 2011, it uses a lot of grey tone colors as well as Khaki. They are so calm, natural and relaxing. The styling is always basic with some interesting details in it. It also makes me think of Japanese menswear label  LAD MUSICIAN too. Now it also has  Croquis official online shop in TAOBAO.com. Not user friendly though, the site only support in Chinese Language only.


AW 2010 TIE @ CROQUIS TAOBAO SHOP

Popular Posts