HOT TOKYO IN AUG 2013

I do not like hiking and I seldom do it in Hong Kong as I am a lazy person.
However, this was the first time I hiked this year.

It happened in Tokyo, right after taking a mid night flight and I was alone.

Mountain Takao is not much far away from center of tokyo. It is  in Hachioji City and it took around 50 minutes from Shinjuku by train.

My flight arrived at 630 in the early morning. The time for check-in was after 2pm so I dropped down my luggage in the ryokan and rush to Shinjuku to get train ticket.



I am always a budget traveller so it was the best to get the weekday discount round trip ticket run by Keio Line. And the ticket includes round trip cable car or chair lift ticket. For me, for sure that I need to get round trip chair lift just to save my energy not to walk that much.

I was tired and a bit sick still on the first day arrival in tokyo and the weather was a bit cloudy too.
I still decided to go to Takaosan just in case if the weather was getting much worse later on.
Once I arrived in Takaosangunchi Station, I felt totally different both physically and mentally.

Physically- The air was so fresh and I could smell 'green'. It just liked my lung has been cleansed and my body was refreshed.

Mentally-all the senses are clear. It is usual that most of the shrine in Japan always situated in the nature environment surrounded by lots of trees.
If you read chinese and you can understand the meaning of the picture below.
It certainly represent the feeling of myself at that time-peace and quiet, the feeling of zen.

I like Japan because I can always go to country side to feel zen and breathe some real fresh air.
While I can always enjoy the energy of city life with lots of excitement, novelty and lots of crazy shopping in the city center too.




It took around 10 mins to walk from Takaosanguchi station to the chair lift station.
I have never taken a chair lift before and it is always good to try something new.
I was a bit nervous in the beginning since it was my first time to take the chair lift and I was afraid that I did not get in the chair immediately.
Luckily, it was much easier than I thought. It was actually like a ski chair lift.

on the way back by chair lift

It was so misty in the morning when I took off at Sanjo Station so the view of tokyo was not really clear.
And It was time to count on my feet too.


The misty atmosphere was like in the movie scene and I hardly saw the way ahead.



I did not check the map frequently as there were some locals. Sometimes I just kept walking based on my six sense.

I stopped at the tea house and got a nice and famous tororo soba but It was a pity that it rained when I almost finished my noodles in such a magnificent view of tokyo.


TORORO SOBA WITH RAW EGG
Last but not least, I thought I would not walked up to the mountain top at the beginning but finally I did.
I forgot how much time I spent hiking to the top but I kept telling myself I may never come back again.
599.03M is my record in my life now to get to the top of the mountain.
It was a pity that I could not see Mountain Fuji but I was pleased that I achieved something that I am not always willing to do.


I will bring my loved one to go there again next time.

More Information here

All the pictures are edited using FOTOR


Popular Posts