BERLIN -DAY 1 PART 2

The fifth day of my trip was a cool and sunny day. It was grateful to have such a lovely weather in my journey.


People who lives in big city, like Hong Kong or Tokyo, most shops are open all year round.
Not like in Europe, shops usually close on Sunday or just open for a few hours in the afternoon. If the shops all close on Sunday, what will you do to spend your last day of the week?

I always think that maybe it is the reason why flea market is so popular in Europe but not in Asia.



Right. The destination of my first day in Berlin is flea market!

I love to go to flea markets. However,  it is not popular in Hong Kong at all. Most People do not buy second hand stuffs. Some people think there are just junks and some people think the stuffs are treasure. Though it is not often for me to buy second hand clothes or other stuffs but I love to go because it is a way to know more about the people, the history and the culture of a city.


Most flea market usually closes at 6. It depends on season and weather.

I was pretty lucky that I arrived an hour before the closing of Mauerpark Flea Market, in german, it is called Flohmarkt am Mauerpark.

It was quite close to Circus Hostel Berlin. You can either walk to the park from the hostel or you can be like me- just take metro and off at Eberswalder Str. Actually the park is not close to the metro station. it takes 10 minutes walk from the station to the park. I was quite confused in Berlin because sometimes I  left the exit of the metro station, I lost my sense of direction.

And my solution to get to the right direction is - follow the crowd!

Actually it is quite easy to know the people who came out from the metro station that were going to the flea market just by noticing what they wear.

On the way to the park, just to make sure that I was walking to the right direction so i did ask the policeman who was standing on the road side. It is always safe to ask a policeman the location. :)

The Entrance
Though it was almost 5, there are still many people getting in the market. Here you can almost get anything that exist on earth, like old records, photos, cameras, clothing, furniture, leather handbags, homeware products, and even paintings!  The area is so huge. I think it was the first time that I went to such a large scaled flea market and it was packed with youngsters and people with unique style .


It's a treasure hunt!


fury fur

try and bargain
ring! ring! ring!
Polaroid Cameras

So much to see but too little time.

More info here



Popular Posts