BERLIN- DAY 2 PART 1

After I started my new job, the pace of writing the travelogue becomes slower and slower. Fortunately I can off early today so that I can write again.

The second day in Berlin was still sunny and cool like the first day.

Berlin is similar to Copenhagen offers discount card for tourists and it is called Berlin WelcomeCard. The card includes unlimited ride on public transport and discounts on admission of several tourist attractions. If you want to visit museum island, there is another option which is called Berlin WelcomeCard Museumsinsel that includes free entry to Museum Island.

It is not a bad idea to buy a Berlin WelcomeCard if staying in Berlin for just 2 or 3 days. As I was staying in Berlin for 6 days and I wanted to visit as many museums as possible. I did not buy either Berlin WelcomeCard or Berlin WelcomeCard Museumsinsel. It is because I found out that the more value for money way is to buy a 3-day Museum Pass (19€-free admission to more than 55 museums in Berlin including Museum Island) and a 7-day AB zone pass (27.2-include return journey to and from airport).


My first stop is Jewish Museum Berlin-Judisches Museum Berlin in German. I took underground train and took off at Hallesches Tor. It took around 15 minutes to walk from the station to the museum and it was quite easy to find the way because there were plenty of road signs to guide you to the museum.



I arrived in the museum earlier than it opens. So I just waited at the door for awhile. The museum is combined with a traditional building and a very impression new building which designed by Daniel Libeskind.


I bought my Museum Pass here and I was pretty surprised that the staff asked me whether I was a student. I hope I still look as young as a teenager. :P The stunning modern architecture contains history of Jews in Germany from roman ages to the present day.

Shalekhet (Fallen Leaves)
The most significant artwork in the museum is Shalekhet (Fallen Leaves) in the Memory Void created by Israeli artist Menashe Kadishman. 

After spending 90 minutes in the museum, it was time to go to the next stop.




Popular Posts